Friday, May 7, 2010
You like me! You Really Like Me!
This morning, I discovered that Jacque of Sequential Crush had nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger Award. Well, to be honest, she's the third person to do so, but this is the first time I've understood how this is supposed to work. I was also previously nominated by Pajama Mom and by The Groovy Agent. I'm not bragging. Far from it. I feel sort of stupid that I didn't know what I was supposed to do :-P
So, first off, thank you Jacque! (And Cara and Lloyd).
Seven weird/fun things about me:
1. When I was in elementary school, I stayed home sick for a few days at my grandma's house. She encouraged me to do my homework and get get it out of the way. I didn't want to. She had cable. There was Scooby-Doo (on a week day!?!). She called me a procrastinator. I asked her what that meant. She told me to look it up. I told her I'd do it later. True story.
2. My wife, Amy, and I honeymooned at Walt Disney World. We've gone back 4 or 5 times, but only once since we had children.
3. I was born in Cincinnati, OH. When I was three, my parents moved us back to southwestern, WV. I lived in WV until I was 19, when I went away to college in Columbus, OH. I don't have a WV accent when I'm here, but when I'm with my family, or angry or tired, I start twanging like a banjo.
4. When I was 14 I was hit by a car while jaywalking across a 6-lane highway in Myrtle Beach, SC. I broke my pelvis and my leg. I still feel bad about how much I must have traumatized the lady who hit me.
5. I've had very few celebrity encounters. I met Bruce Campbell once. I stayed in a hotel with Darth Vader and Chewbacca. We ate lunch two tables over from Eric Clapton one afternoon in the cafeteria at the COSI science museum. I once took a phone call from Corben Bernsen when I worked at Highlights for Children. I no longer remember if he cancelled or renewed.
6. WhenI was in college, I took a comic book art class from Daryll Banks, who was the Green Lantern artist at the time. On the first day, in an effort to make conversation, I told him I hated that new Green Lantern costume. I didn't realize he was the one who created it! :0
7. I can pick up change off the floor by pinching it between my big and second toes.
Seven bloggers I nominate for a Kreativ Blogger Award:
Rob Kelly of The Aquaman Shrine. I love Aquaman. This man sifts through the sea king's trash, looking for keepsakes.
Jamie "Lysdexicus" Wilson of Hungry Comix. I get a little more artistically inspired every time I stop by.
SupermanFan.net. If you like Superman in all his selfish jerk glory, you'll love this.
Joakim Gunnarsson of Sekvenskonst(that's Swedish for "Sequential art"). Joakim has a great collection of cartoon art and he shares it with all of us via the internet. check it out.
Spectergirl. Well, okay, she's my wife, but I really think the time and effort she's put into ViewMaster 3-D Spectactular, Now in 2-D needs some recognition.
Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a sucker for Charlton and Archie brand superheroes. It's like a parallel universe of comics out there. That's why I dig Charlton vs. Mighty MLJ.
And lastly, Indrajal Online. An amazing super-blog that is putting every issue of India's Indrajal Comics, in every available language, on the internet for your edification. Amazing!
So, there you go.